Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Four Years

Four years has flown by. Joe and I are MFEO. He keeps me laughing and giddy and I make sure he has a hand to hold every where we go. 97% of the time life with joe feels like all the good parts of a romantic comedy. I'm grateful everyday for his easy going happy demeanor. He makes my life fun.
Growing up I was taught to pray everyday. This is something I hold very near and still do today. Even as a little girl I remember praying for a happy easy marriage. As time went on and I matured I continued to pray for a happy successful marriage. I knew that Heavenly Father would let me know and guide me in the right direction. When joe asked me out the first time I hesitated. I got a very strong feeling and the words popped into my head "make sure you are ready for a relationship because you are going to marry him". I said no and we continued to talk for the next six months. I wasn't ready for THE relationship. After our first date we have been inseparable. I have a very happy easy marriage and I'm thankful everyday for it. We are best friends. He's my lobster. 


Like every couple, of course we have our things. Joe is a Vulcan and very logical. I'm  every Emo song running high on emotions and passions. As time goes by I like to think I've become a little less emotional and a bit more logical and vise versa for him. He makes me calm. 

I love this picture primarily because of Joe's face. He still looks at me like that. I've wanted to put on my wedding dress all day. There should be more occasions for wedding dresses. Dishes and playing with a toddler don't seem like appropriate wedding dress activities. Joe has the best smile because of the smile lines by his eyes. Gemma has them too. It's one of my favorite parts of his face. I know that when those wrinkles pop up he's genuinely happy and smiling for real. He makes me feel like the most important person in the world. 

I'm so incredibly thankful for our happy marriage and wonderful life together. Happy four years joe. Cheers to eternity together. Love you and like you. 








No comments:

Post a Comment