Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Christmas

Christmas was so fun. Joe and I both agreed it was the best Christmas ever. Gemma was way into unwrapping presents. It took us a few hours but watching her was the highlight for me. Well...Joe DID surprise me with a cello. Learning to play the cello has been at the top of my bucket list for a very long time. It was the biggest surprise I have had in a very long time. So brownie points for the husband.

We got Gemma a climber gym with a slide and it has been the best thing. She will play on it for as long as we will let her. This has been such a great thing as playing outside isn't so much of an option. Her other favorites included twin baby dolls a fully stocked purse and a bike that she can zoom around the kitchen on. She also got a pack of Care Bear figurines that she has to have at all times. Christmas was really good to her.

Other news on Gemma, she turned eighteen months and is thriving! She is coming out of her terrible tude and is happy and sweet. She would prefer to watch movies and eat popcorn but enjoys music dancing and pulling Sookie's tail. We really like her. I can't believe I will have a two year old this year. I can't believe how quickly time goes.  She is a really good sleeper. We took her to Nursery and she didn't even look back. Joe and I could not believe how great it was to have two hours of church where we could actually focus. She is very social and really loved being with the other kids. Gemma remains strong willed and opinionated. Joke is on me I guess. Hope she stays that way. She loves babies...she will have to make do with her dolls for now!



For New Year's eve our good family friends, the Jenkins, invited us up to their new Cabin at Bear Lake. I had never been there before and I am pretty sure my new life goal is to have a cabin up there of my own. I have never seen so much snow in all my life. We spent the weekend sledding and snuggling and playing games. I read a book by the fire! It was basically a second Christmas. can't wait to go back again. My Parent's Got Joe and I a camera for Christmas and we had a goof time capturing Gemma sled for the first time. I had lots of help learning to use my camera and definitely can't take credit for the cute pictures we got. can't wait to learn though! I think I really love the snow when I don't have to



 
run errands and drive in it! We are so lucky to be surrounded by friends and family. I am So excited for 2017.



 




 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment