Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Back it up Buddy

It blows my mind how much Gemma picks up. My sister casually said "Back it up Buddy" to me one day and now it Gemma's New phrase. She tells me 100 times a day to back it up buddy with stop in the name of love hand gesture. It is so funny....well it was. Now after the third time of hearing it I can think of a different hand gesture I think is appropriate to accompany it.

I haven't blogged in a while. Not because I was SOOOO busy or didn't have anything to say...I just haven't. I have no good excuse. Luckily my fans (shoutout to you mom) told me to get back at it again. So here I am playing catch up as the last two months have been quite eventful.

First off, Joe took Gemma and I to Disneyland for my birthday and it was probably the best day ever. Disneyland is just a completely different ballgame with a toddler. Everything was amazing and fun and magical and beautiful.  I teared up entering the park...yes I am that girl. Gemma wanted to ride every ride and giggled and laughed and threw her hands in the air. So Proud. Meeting Cinderella and Minnie mouse were the highlights for her and watching her every second was mine....or eating a soft pretzel filled with cream cheese dipped in cheese was. I can't decide. While we were in California we soaked up as much sun as we could and spent as much tome at seal beach as we could. G continues to be fearless running into the waves, talking to all the people and for a blissful hour fell asleep wrapped in a towel. My whole family eventually came to California for my niece3 and nephews baptism which was so much fun. I don't see my California niece and Nephew enough so it was fun to play with them. I just need a couple million already so I can move their someday. California is the best.






When we got home from our warm vacation Gemma got sick for a while making us feel like hermits as we hid at home trying to avoid any contact with flu infested Utah. G has been loving her dance class. She talks about it all week and leaves class with the biggest smile and it is usually a fight to get her to surrender her ballet shoes to me. She and I are ready for winter to be over. I need some ninety degree weather right about now. While trapped inside, G has been working on toilet training. She is the most stubborn person I have ever met. She will go when she's ready on her terms her way wearing the panties that suit her current mood which changes about 500 times a day...sometimes she's feeling Minnie or elsa or Cinderella. Next time I am buying all pink underwear and that will be that. She is really motivated by prizes and stickers. Every time she successfully uses the toilet she gets a sticker till she fills up a row then she gets to choose a prize. It worked really well till she caught on and thought that just by going into the bathroom and flushing the toilet warranted a sticker. The best part of this whole experience though has been that whenever I go to the bathroom she jumps up and down and cheers and tells me good job. It is oddly satisfying.

Besides that my life is busy with the mom gig and teaching lessons at night or hanging out with the Young women of my ward. In November I got my dream calling (is that even a thing?) as The Mia Maid leader. It is a full time job....That pays nothing but you spend a lot of money anyway. It is so rewarding and fulfilling though. I love it and I love my girls. Teaching them on Sunday is still intimidating as all get out but I am getting better. It is an odd position to be in...I feel 15 most of the time so how am I qualified to teach them anything? They offer me tons of support and encouragement though as I learn. My handout are on point though. Candy is key. When I was a young women I think I missed the point of mutual and young women's activities....but I get it now and I recognize all the hard work and time and money that went into everything. I had great leaders who taught awesome lessons. I remember so many of them and kept most of the handouts. It is fun to pull them out and try to recreate them.

So now that I have backed it up for you buddy I hope to resume blogging on a weekly schedule to talk about what floats around in my brain. I do use this blog as a journal which is why I felt obligated to document our life a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment